XXX Work in progress.
- One puppet master running Debian 7 64bits
- One puppet client running Debian 7 64bits
- One puppet client running Scientific Linux 5.x 64 bits
- One puppet client running Scientific Linux 6.x 64 bits
- One puppet client running CentOS 6.x 64 bits
- Debian 7 64 bits - http://puppet-vagrant-boxes.puppetlabs.com/debian-70rc1-x64-vbox4210-nocm.box
- Scientific Linux 5.x 64 bits -
- Scientific Linux 6.x 64 bits - http://lyte.id.au/vagrant/sl6-64-lyte.box
- CentOS 6.x 64 bits - http://puppet-vagrant-boxes.puppetlabs.com/centos-64-x64-vbox4210-nocm.box
Box installation will take some time as the boxes have to be downloaded locally.
Puppet will be boostraped using a small shell script
Then nitial role will be set using another shell script
And the puppetmaster is boostraped using the puppet apply provider.
The client will get its configuration from the puppetmaster using the
puppet agent provider.
Two directories from the host are made available to the guest, they
contain the puppet modules that will be used for the puppetmaster
- Local puppet modules are available in the relatvie ../../dist
- A local copy of the remote puppet modules managed using the Puppetfile
is made using r10k (using a symbolicaly linked Puppetfile)
A copy of the hiera.yaml has been made with a custom datadir
configuration to allow puppet apply to find the conf exposed into the vm
The boxes are started using
- Connect using ssh